The first rapid acting insulin biosimilar of Humalog approved in the UK and EU1
Learn from other payors, consultants and diabetes specialist nurses how they adopted a rapid acting insulin biosimilar in their region.
Dr Duncan Browne
Consultant Endocrinologist and Researcher Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Diabetes Specialist Nurse Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
Formulary Pharmacist Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Find useful resources such as formulary FAQ, leave pieces and videos for payors and healthcare professionals to support a positive rapid acting insulin biosimilar adoption
DSN, diabetes specialist nurse; EU, European Union, NHS, National Health Service; PD, pharmacodynamic; PK, pharmacokinetic; T1DM, type 1 diabetes mellitus; T2DM, type 2 diabetes mellitus; UK, United Kingdom.
- European Commission. Community register of medicinal products for human use. Insulin lispro Sanofi. Available at: https://ec.europa.eu/health/documents/community-register/html/h1203.htm. Last accessed: November 2020
- British National Formulary Insulin lispro: solution for injection. Available at: https://bnf.nice.org.uk/medicinal-forms/insulin-lispro.html. Last accessed: November 2020
- Insulin lispro Sanofi SmPC, August 2020
- Garg SK, et al. Diabetes Technol Ther. 2017;19(9):516–26
- Derwahl K, et al. Diabetes Technol Ther. 2018;20(1):1–10.
- Kapitza C, et al. Diabetes Obes Metab. 2017;19(5):622–7.