The first rapid acting insulin biosimilar of Humalog approved in the UK1
Admelog is the new name for Insulin lispro Sanofi which is available to prescribe in England, Scotland and Wales.
Learn from other payors, consultants and diabetes specialist nurses how they adopted a rapid acting insulin biosimilar in their region.
Dr Duncan Browne
Consultant Endocrinologist and Researcher Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Diabetes Specialist Nurse Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
Formulary Pharmacist Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Find useful resources such as formulary FAQ, leave pieces and videos for payors and healthcare professionals to support a positive rapid acting insulin biosimilar adoption
DSN, diabetes specialist nurse; EU, European Union, NHS, National Health Service; PD, pharmacodynamic; PK, pharmacokinetic; T1DM, type 1 diabetes mellitus; T2DM, type 2 diabetes mellitus; UK, United Kingdom.
- Admelog SmPC October 2021
- The NHS Dictionary of Medicines and Devices Admelog: solution for injection. Available at: https://services.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/dmd-browser/search/results?ampName=admelog&searchType=AMP&showInvalidItems=false&size=50 Last accessed: October 2021
- Kapitza C, et al. Diabetes Obes Metab. 2017;19(5):622–7.
- Garg SK, et al. Diabetes Technol Ther. 2017;19(9):516–26
- Derwahl K, et al. Diabetes Technol Ther. 2018;20(1):1–10.