This programme is only intended for registered nurses and non-registered practitioners (HCAs) or Social Care workers.
This educational programme is funded and sponsored by Sanofi. The contents of Sanofi Cares have been independently developed by EDEN and this programme is delivered by EDEN on behalf of Sanofi. Sanofi has not had any input or involvement in the creation of these materials but has reviewed the contents to ensure compliance with the ABPI code of practice.
What is Sanofi Cares?
Sanofi Cares is an online educational programme designed to educate and improve the knowledge and confidence of care home staff and community care teams to effectively manage people with Diabetes.
Who is this training programme intended for?
Sanofi Cares is intended for individuals who support people living with diabetes in either a care home of home care environment in the UK, such as care home staff and community care teams, including registered nurses and non-registered practitioners (HCAs) or Social Care workers.
What are the potential benefits?
- Reduce the number of insulin errors in care homes.
- Support the correct storage dosing and administration of insulin.
- Reduce hospital admissions due to diabetes.
- Reduce the number of GP and ambulance call outs relating to diabetes.
- Increase the number of staff within these areas with insulin delegation responsibilities.
- Reduce the number of community Nurse visitations to administer insulin.
* The survey commenced on 10th September 2012, and continued into late 2013. In total, 2043 responses were recieved from the approximately 9,000 care homes for elderly residents operating in England. This represents a response rate of around 23%.
1. England-wide Care Home Diabetes Audit Executive Summary, spring 2014,